Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chinese students @ EISCAT (and a beautiful sunset)

Today I was giving 10 Chinese undergraduate students who were the winners of a national competition among undergraduate students in China and two Chinese TV-teams and journalists a tour of the EISCAT Svalbard Radar. They were incredible fortunate with the weather - it was gorgeous (and cold)!






You can read more about the visit of the students in Svalbard here: http://www.unis.no/60_NEWS/6040_Archive_2008/n_08_03_05_chinese_visit/chinese_visit_news_05032008.htm


I guess one of their favourite parts was belt wagon driving with Jeff :D



The view of Adventdalen from the radar



Now... if you have read the AT329 field work blog about us using a snow radar... THIS is a proper radar... My dearest 32m dish of the EISCAT (European Incoherent Scatter) Svalbard Radar



And of course not to forget the 42m dish, although I usually don't use that one so often.



Later that day we had a beautiful sunset in the valley, so here are some impressions of that:








No comments: