Saturday, January 19, 2008

Light & Full moon

I know this may sound weired - but it is really getting amazingly bright outside now. We have a blue shimmer at the horizon around noon and it is clearly "bright"... Anyways, for the past days we even had a full moon and great weather, so I decided to take some pictures. All pictures were taken close to noon and still with up to 2-3 sec exposure.

This picture is of the "western end" of Longyearbyen, showing the mountain Sukkertoppen behind the houses.


The house Lisa and I live in is the one with light to the left. Sukkertoppen again in the background.

Hjortfjellet with the full moon and some aurora (very week, to the right of the moon)


view further up Adventdalen

On the road to EISCAT. See, there is even some reddish-glow at the horizon!!


a view up town, away from the full moon (notice that blue shimmer :p)

Adventdalen seen from Gruvebyen

No comments: