Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scootertrip

On Sunday, Jeff, Vegard, Vigdis, Karina, Kalle and I had planned to go on a short scooter trip. Jeff had to go to the observatory before the trip and did so with his scooter. He then wanted to meet us at the old auroral station - but his scooter died up at the observatory... Until today it has not been possible to bring it back to life :-(
So we decided that we had to go without Jeff, on a different route as initially planned. So in stead of going on "Lillerunden" (Adventdalen, Todalen, Bødalen, Colesdalen, Fardalen, Longyearbreen, Longyearbyen) we drove towards Sassendalen. Just as we were supposed to set off Vigdis scooter decided he'd die as well, and there we were - 4 people on 2 scooters... I borrowed Karolines sledge just in case another scooter would die on us and off we went.
I guess we had not been driving for more than 20 minutes before I realized that we had lost Vegard and Karina... We went back to look for them and found them some hundred meters behind, with a "dead" scooter. Luckily Vegards scooter was not really dead and easy to start again :-)) We went almost into Sassendalen but decided to go back and drive towards Hjorthamn to have a nice look at Longyearbyen.

Longyear seen from "pølsehytta"

Kalle, Vegard, me and Karina


True polar heroes...

Vegard did once more impress by bringing hot tomato soup!


Longyear and "Pølsehytta"



Hjortfjellet

No comments: