Thursday, April 17, 2008

Visit to the Ice Cave in Larsenbreen

Yesterday evening Vegard, Jesper, Sandra, Snapp (Roy-Erik's friend) and I went in a snowstorm to the ice cave in the Lars glacier (Larsbreen). Here are some impressions. The cave was really cool, especially sliding all the way back in a river bed which was so narow you almost had to squeeze through :D


Beautiful, iced cave walls

Me giving Snapp a hand. Looks easy, but try to move on only ice ;-)


More beautiful ice on the ceiling. I guess you'll have to see it for yourself though...

Me enjoying the ceiling - like millions of stars :-)

Snapp and I


Sandra


Some ice crystals




Sandra on her way to the end of the cave

Coal

A frozen waterfall at the end of the cave

Vegard, Sandra and Snapp (from left to right) in the "big room" at the end of the cave

Team picture (from left to right): Jesper, Vegard, Yvonne, Snapp, Sandra

The dirty cave sliders outside again :-)

No comments: