Monday, February 11, 2008

Bottling Beer! (and the name is: Ståtiss)

Thanks to Jørg I was actually feeling good on Saturday and decided to try and take Mammo, Washi and Oki for a walk... I should have guessed that walking with them is far more difficult (especially on ice) than skiing, but we had a long, nice walk with Vegard :-)

Mammo & Washi drinking at our short stop at home

Later in the evening it was time for Black Debbath at Svalbar. Good concert, except from the nice person which fell on me and twisted my knee quite badly... I don't remember much else from the rest of the evening besides what I've been told by others and some light moments... But at least I guess some people had fun watching me making a fool of myself and being way to drunk...

Since Jørg did not seem to be around and to force me on water my Sunday was one of the most painful in my hangover history... And nevertheless - in the evening it was time to bottle our homebrewed beer, and no matter how hung over I was I just couldn't miss that!!

So: Lets start with empty but yet not cleaned Groelsch bottles...

Take a good cleaner - here in the form of Haakon

and make him dance... (at some point I'm gonna rotate the video, yes. Until then you have to twist your head or screen or just watch it the way it is...)



Ok, back to the bottles: the lever caps had to be sterilized,


the labels from the Groelsch bottles had to be removed


and the bottles needed to be sterilized: first in the base


then in the acid :D


Jeff our brewing yoda was watching us carefully to make sure we did everything right...


Jeff was removing the labels, Lisa took care of the base and Haakon of the acid. Good teamwork guys (and girl) :-)

Lisa demonstrates how the bottles have to be assembled..



And then - after the last bottle had been sterilized and assembled it was finally time to get the black goodness out of Jeff's closet :D

Seb arrived just in time for the festive opening

Mmmmmmmm - doesn't that just look lovely??


It seemed everyone was speechless... what a beer!

Enough admiring the beer already - over to the fun part: the filling. I had volunteered to be the sucker, which even after a rather rough Saturday night turned out to be the best job... directly connected to the big bucket with the possibility to drink as much as you want :D

Seb filling the first glass for us to taste

Heavenly!!

Team work: Lisa was holding the tube in the bucket, I was making sure the beer was flowing, Seb had the responsibility to fill it into the bottles and Haakon closed the bottles and put them into the boxes. (and not to forget, Jeff was taking the pictures!)


Lisa @ work

As I said... the fun job...



MY PRECIOUS...


Hmmm, perfectly filled bottles

Almost done with bottling 21 L of beer




After the filling the boys found one of Lisa's women magazines and it did not take too long for them to find the page they liked the most...
And after a small break reading more or less interesting articles in women magazines it was time to taste the beer once more and find a name.



Jeff proposing a toast to the successful making of "Ståtiss"

and finished the first glass





We made it :D :D :D I am looking forward to trying the beer after it is completely matured in the bottle

No comments: