One beautiful Monday at the pub when there was no Quiz Silje, Vigdis and I decided that we have to get out more. So we came up with a plan - to go to Kapp Linné and eat there when Vigdis friend Vu was in town :-) (Have a look here:
http://www.spitsbergentravel.no/show.asp?page=goxpage00000043.html)
Saturday was the day - and we even got Ellen, Vegard, Jeff & Roy-Erik to join :D Because there was a lot of snow we decided to drive along the coast to Kapp Linné.
Vigdis & VuOur way went through Barentsburg (Баренцбург). I have to go back once to take some more pictures of the place & spend some time there. Quite interesting!
Ellen & I
The mountains on the other side of the fjord
Barentsburg seen from the other side of the fjord - no GPS needed to find that place, just look for the black cloud of smoke...After almost 3 hours of driving we finally saw Kapp Linné - and I guess everyone was equally hungry ;-)

Kapp Linné and Isfjord Radio
After a good meal and some rest on the sofa we were ready to take pictures, refuel scooters and go home.
Group picture (from left to right: Jeff, Vegard, Ellen, Silje, Vigdis, Vu and me)
Vegard fueling my scooter
A stop to enjoy the view

Barentsburg again
JeffOn the way back we drove through the valleys in stead of taking the longer road along the coast.










No comments:
Post a Comment