Saturday, February 9, 2008

UNIS Icebreaker party :D

On Friday it was finally time for the UNIS Icebeaker party :D :D The theme this year was "pole to pole", meaning that everyone got a certain latitude and had to dress according to that latitude.

Lisa and I got 60 degrees north, whereas Jeff had 20 degrees south.
Let me try and explain Jeff's dress... During the SCIFER II rocket campaign Jeff was obviously quite busy having to get up at 4 am or earlier every morning for more than 2 weeks. Almost whenever I talked to him he mentioned that he had to "go home and clean", which for some unexplained reason led to me seeing him as Freddy Mercury in the Queen video of "I want to break free"... (if you haven't seen the video I strongly advise you to have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMrY8jysdg ) Now, the geographically versed of you will notice right away that Zanzibar (where Freddy was born) not exactly is on 20 degrees south, but we found it was close enough... So it was settled - I got my fantasy of seeing Jeff dressed up like Freddy :p

Lisa was dressing as a Canadian mountie, and I could not help noticing that the beautiful Orkney Islands north of Scotland are on 60 degrees north - a good excuse to dress as fisherman/drunk and bring a good bottle of Highland Park Whiskey :D

As for dressing up Jeff, he does not really have the same bra size as either Lisa or me, so he had to get his own: size 85 F!!!! Lisa didn't even have problems using it as hat or shopping net...



Jeff came to our house in order to dress up - and shocked Lisa and me with his moustache :-)




Stage one: Jeff in Lisa's pink top with the new boobs in place (woollen socks work really well...) and a sexy black miniskirt.




Since the skirt was not the longest Jeff needed training in how to sit, walk and bend down like a woman...







The Lady needs a smoke...


Vegard came over to our house to dress up as a monk



And even the dog got pimped with the leftovers from Jeff's jewellery set :p


At 7 pm, Freddy, the Canadian mountie, the Scottish drunk and the monk went for a walk to UNIS... And I will NEVER forget the look on people's faces when Jeff entered UNIS... Simply hilarious :D He was the true Diva of the evening






I mean - seriously - just look at the pose and these gorgeous legs!!!









Jørg


Rico & Karoline dressed as pioneer and pit worker from 78 degrees north (check out that sexy chesthair!!! although the butcrack was even more awesome...)


Lisa as the Canadian mountie



Me as the Scottish drunk fisherman



The pit worker had found Freddy

After an initial drink or two or three we sat down to enjoy dinner. Our table was not exactly the most exciting, but the food & drinks were good.



Have a look at this awesome world map made entirely out of cake & candy... Amazing how well they did this...



After dinner everyone had to go to Møysalen (one of the large lecture rooms) to watch a parody of the terrible movie "Far north" (have a look under January - Operafest and movie premiere). Some students had filmed their own version which was just great. I hope I can get a hold of it at some point...

After the movie there was not much else to do than party, party, party. We had everything from a Boy band challenge to a back pipe concert and a proper food fight... My bottle of scotch was getting increasingly empty, and I have to thank Jørg for his strict no-more-whiskey-but-tons-of-water-policy which saved my day after...




Rico

Freddy & me

The temperature of the Icebreaker party was obviously reaching high values... And at some point they did what we all had been waiting for: play I want to break free for Jeff, who had to dance to his song with quite a number of men. The one who enjoyed grabbing his a** the most was definitely Seb though :p

I don't quite remeber how late it was, but at some point Håkon, Jeff & I decided to go to the pup... Håkon told Jeff that if anyone would buy him a drink he'd get a Whiskey from Håkon - and sure engough, it did not take more than 5 minutes before our beautiful Lady had gotten a free drink from some random guy at pub'en :p

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, my brother has nice legs! he pulled off Freddy from the I Want to Break Free video quite well! He'd get a lot of action walking around like that here in Los Angeles! 8*)