Since I had been at the EISCAT Svalbard Radar yesterday until midnight and will do the same today, I stayed at home during most of the day to spend time with Oki. That way he does not have to be alone for an entire day... The weather was quite nice, and a skiing trip therefore incredibly tempting ;-) Our first skiing trip in daylight went across Adventfjorden to Hjorthamn.
View up Adventdalen towards Mine 7 & ESRCrossing Adventdalen was not a problem since there was quite a lot of snow, but at one point the ice actually cracket... :S I have no idea why, but with a little speed it was no problem getting across the bristed part.
When we reached Pølsehytta Oki reacted quite funny... I hope that he at least has an equal or bigger reaction if we ever run into a Polar Bear... I could not really figure out what about the hut was soooo scary...
From Pølsehytta we continued straight on towards Hjorthamn.
Pølsehytta Longyear with Sukkertoppen, Platåfjellet and Nordenskjoldtoppen seen from the other side of the Fjord.
Nordenskjoldtoppen, framed red. I hope that the weather somewhen at the end of next week will be nice and not too cold because I have planned to climb Nordenskjoldtoppen by skies to get a glance at the Sun :-))The way from Pølsehytta towards Hjorthamn.

Hjorthamn
The way back Even though I went a bit further up in Adventdalen in order not to cross the part where the ice bristed I encountered the same problem again :S But everything went alright and Oki & I had a nice short trip!!
View towards Hjorthamn



No comments:
Post a Comment